geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Default browser used in geiser?

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Default browser used in geiser?
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 12:01:27 +0200

On Wed, May 18 2011, Eduardo Bellani wrote:

[...]

> Thanks for the reply jao, and sorry for taking some time to get back
> with some feedback.

Weeell, as you can see, i can be much worse than you when it comes to
get back :) Sorry it took so long.

> I have done what you suggested, basically this is the output to the
> *geiser messages* buffer when I do the geiser-doc-look-up while on a
> 'define' symbol:
>

> INFO: REQUEST: <42>: ,geiser-eval geiser/autodoc racket (get-help (quote
> define) (quote "MY-PROJECT-PATH/racket-test.rkt"))

So, this is the command that Geiser is sending to the REPL to get the
manual open.  You can try it manually: got to the REPL and type it

  ,geiser-eval geiser/autodoc racket (get-help (quote define) (quote
"MY-PROJECT-PATH/racket-test.rkt"))

In my system, this opens the browser with help for 'define'.  Actually,
the next line of the logs:

> INFO: RETORT: ((result "#<void>") (output . "Sending to web browser...
>   file: /usr/share/racket/doc/reference/define.html
>   anchor: (form._((lib._racket/private/base..rkt)._define))
> "))

... is what racket responds to the help request, which looks about right.
If that file exists in your system, you can try to call the browser
you've defined in DrRacket with it, in a terminal, and see whether that
causes some error (note the parentheses in the anchor: if you're
invoking the browser via some sort of shell, you'll need to put the URL
part between " or ')

Does that help?

jao
--
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its width and depth.