geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Default browser used in geiser?

From: Jose Ortega
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Default browser used in geiser?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:20:07 -0700

On May 11, 2011, at 10:51 AM, Eduardo Bellani wrote:

> Hei Jose
>
> Just changed the racket default browser in the racket-prefs file through
> the drracket interface to conkeror (I don't think the kind of browser
> has anything to do with this though).
>
> The effect is that in drracket it works by pressing F1 while the cursor
> is in a symbol, and in the geiser racket repl it works if you use the
> help function, as in (help "some string"), but it does not show anything
> if you use  geiser-doc-look-up-manual.
>
> Any guesses?

Hmm.  That shouldn't be happening, unless the symbol you're asking help for
isn't in the manual, i guess.  One way to try to track what's going on is to

  C-u M-x geiser-show-logs

which will open a window with geiser traces, then try geiser-doc-look-up-manual
in a rkt file, and see what geiser is sending to racket.

jao