geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Re: Rational number causes Geiser's Guile REPL to ent

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Re: Rational number causes Geiser's Guile REPL to enter debugger
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:43:51 +0100

On Fri, Feb 11 2011, Mark Harig wrote:

[...]

> Here is a third pair of logs.  This is to demonstrate that the
> evaluation of rational numbers is *NOT* the source of the problem.
> Instead of entering '9/5', I entered the string "024" at the REPL
> prompt, that is, including the double-quote characters.  In this case,
> the debugger was fourteen levels deep.
>
> Again, this was done by starting Emacs, and then immediately following
> the steps outlined in earlier messages, that is, it was not at the end
> of a long editing session.  I am able to generate the problem a minute
> after starting Emacs.

Although i'm still unable to reproduce your exact problem, i've found a
couple of related bugs looking at your logs, and fixed them in the git
repo.  Perhaps this fixes will help you too, but i'm not sure.  (Just
for the record, i'm using Guile 1.9.15.88-c8eb2 -- compiled from the
repo late last night -- although it doesn't look like Guile is the
origin of our troubles.)  Could you please try them?

Cheers,
jao
--
We are on the verge: Today our program proved Fermat's next-to-last
theorem.