geiser-users

[Geiser-users] Corrections for Geiser/doc/repl.texi

From: Mark Harig
Subject: [Geiser-users] Corrections for Geiser/doc/repl.texi
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 01:51:23 -0500

Here are some possible improvements I noticed for
repl.texi.  In each case, I have preceded the texinfo
text with the tag '--- Texinfo source' and followed it
with a description of the change.  These aren't always
errors, so I'm sending a description instead of a patch.

--- Texinfo source:

If you prefer a not so forgetful REPL, set the customization variable
@code{geiser-repl-forget-old-errors-p} to @code{nil}.

Preferred:

Hyphenate the adjectival "not-so-forgetful":

If you prefer a not-so-forgetful REPL, set the customization variable
@code{geiser-repl-forget-old-errors-p} to @code{nil}.

--- Texinfo source:

Oftentimes, there's more you'll want to know about an identifier
besides its name: what module does it belong to?  is it a procedure and,
if so, what arguments does it take?  Geiser tries to help you answering
those questions too.

Add capitalization to questions:

Oftentimes, there's more you'll want to know about an identifier
besides its name: What module does it belong to?  Is it a procedure and,
if so, what arguments does it take?  Geiser tries to help you answering
those questions too.

--- Texinfo source:

Whenever it's active (did you notice that @i{A} in the mode-line?),
Geiser's gerbils will be scanning what you type and showing (unless
you silent them with @kbd{C-c C-d C-a}) information about the
identifier nearest to point.

Correction:

Change "unless you silent them" to "unless you silence them"

--- Texinfo source:

We've already seen Geiser completion of module names in action at the
mini-buffer.

Consistency:

"mini-buffer" is "minibuffer" elsewhere in *.texi.  (Although this is
a spelling "error," it is the defined spelling in the Emacs manual.)

We've already seen Geiser completion of module names in action at the
minibuffer.

--- Texinfo source:

Actually, if you've been playing with the REPL as you read, you might
have notice some frantic activity taking place in the minibuffer every
now and then.

Consistency:

Elsewhere in *.texi, when referring to echoing in the echo area, it is
called the "echo area," instead of "minibuffer," which is consistent
with the distinction that the Emacs manual makes (see node (emacs)
echo area).

--- Texinfo source:

Optional arguments are surrounded by parenthesis.

Correction:

"parenthesis" should be plural: "parentheses"

--- Texinfo source:

You can always bring the fairies back, on a per REPL basis, using
@kbd{C-c C-a}.

Correction:

I think what is intended here is `geiser-autodoc-mode', correct?  Or,
@kbd{C-c C-d C-a}, as per the cheat sheet.

Also, I suggest replacing "a per REPL basis" with "a per-REPL basis."

---