geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] clickable link in error trace

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] clickable link in error trace
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 09:47:17 +0100

Hi Vincent,

On Wed, Nov 24 2010, Vincent Rayappa wrote:

> First of all, thanks for making this tool available. It is very
> useful!
>
> I am using Geiser with Racket 5.0.2.
>
> I downloaded Geiser as a tarball with this link
> http://gitorious.org/geiser/mainline/archive-tarball/master on Nov
> 22nd 2010.

That's fine, but keep in mind that, until we release 0.1, new fixes are
being added almost daily to the repo, so keep it fresh! :)

> Here is what I have in my emacs initialization file:
>
> (setq auto-mode-alist (append '(("\\.ss$" . scheme-mode))
>                               auto-mode-alist))

As an aside, that shouldn't be needed (Geiser does that for you).

> (load "~/.emacs.d/geiser-mainline/build/elisp/geiser-load")

Looks good.

>  I would like the filenames/line numbers in the stack trace (in the
> REPL) window to be clickable, but they are not. Is there some special
> mode I have to turn on to make filenames clikcable? I tried to add
> this but it does not seem to make a difference:
>
> (setq geiser-racket-collects (list "errortrace"))

No, that's not needed. 'errortrace' is already loaded by Geiser when it
starts Racket.

File names in the REPL should be clickable without any further
configuration. They are for me. What version of Emacs are you using?
Could you send a use case where filenames appear in the REPL traces and
are not clickable? (Pressing return with point on them should work
also).

Thanks!
jao
--
You err by thinking simplicity and elegance are mostly
cosmetic.  Simplicity and elegance are overwhelmingly