gdb

Problems accessing stl maps under gdb

From: inovatoor
Subject: Problems accessing stl maps under gdb
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 07:09:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hello GDB users,

I tried to access some stl maps in a core file with gdb using this tool:
http://staff.science.uva.nl/~gilad/stl/stl_gdb.html STL Tool
After compiling and building a symbol file I tried to change the tool to
gain access without any success.
(Used command in gdb to access tree node:
map_name->._M_t._M_header._M_data._M_value_field.first._M_start)

I thought about iterating over the map with _M_left and _M_right, but it did
not work.

Maybe anybody could help me, or have any idea about what to do.

Thanks in anticipation.

Toby