gdb

[Gdb] Strange gdb behavior

From: shikhar
Subject: [Gdb] Strange gdb behavior
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:44:56 -0400

Can someone help me on this:

I am running gdb 5.2 on Solaris 5.8 and having a strange problem: when the
main thread (main() of the process) sends thr_kill(thread_id, SIGUSR1) to
its thread, I cannot make the thread catch the signal when I am running the
program from gdb. If I run the program as a standalone process, everything
works fine. I have checked through "info threads" and "info signals" and
made sure that the gdb is so running that it passes the signals to the
running task. But actually it is not doing so.

gdb behavior:

gdb detects the signal.
when I continue, it detects the signal again and again, but the actual
program does not run any further, basically stuck.

Thanks,
Shikhar Sarkar
New Jersey

P.S. I am attaching my source code for your reference.