gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] [gcmd-dev] Gnome Commander 1.6.2 in the nux-dextop repo

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] [gcmd-dev] Gnome Commander 1.6.2 in the nux-dextop repo
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 23:16:59 +0100

Hi Ken,

Am Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:35:10 -0500 schrieb Ken Taylor:

> Please allow me to spread the word...
>
> gnome-commander 1.6.2 is available in the nux-dextop repo.  It
> includes the "glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas" at
> the tail end of the package which takes care of an issue which I
> experienced with an earlier test package.
>
> I have tested the following scenarios using my normal environment -
> CentOS 7 + X Windows system + mate-desktop with CentOS Base (priority
> 1), epel (priority 10) and nux-dextop (priority 20) repos configured.
>
> 1 - yum install gnome-commander on a machine which never had
> gnome-commander. Works!
> 2 - yum erase gnome-commander to remove 1.4.4 then yum install
> gnome-commander. Works!
> 3 - yum update on a machine with gnome-commander 1.4.4 installed.
> Works!

This is great new! Thanks also to you for the efforts you had, they are
highly appreciated!

Regarding the other mail you sent yesterday concerning the crash after

(gnome-commander:12010): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema
'org.gnome.gnome-commander.preferences.filter' is not installed

This seems to be related also to the missing glib schemas. We had the
discussion some weeks ago where another user tried to install gcmd by
hand into a non-standard path.

I should put some work into this and also update the documentation
about steps a user has to do then.

Nethertheless: Thumbs up that you now have a really fresh
Gnome-Commander running. :)

Best wishes
Uwe