gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [gcmd-usr] Release of Gnome Commander 1.10.1

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [gcmd-usr] Release of Gnome Commander 1.10.1
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 19:15:52 +0200

Hi Ken,

Am Sun, 12 May 2019 15:50:43 +0000 schrieb kht-lists:

> Hello Uwe,
>
> [...]
>
> RPM build errors:
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.8EHJsS (%build)
> "/usr/bin/make -j4" seems to be the offensive command as best I can
> tell. I cannot find where the -j4 option is coming from nor what it
> means. Any ideas anyone?

Yes, I remember that I've seen this in the past. I don't know how
you're trying to create the rpm. I did this via "rpmbuild -ba
data/gnome-commander.spec". Try the following: Open
"data/gnome-commander.spec" and change the line consisting of

%{__make} %{?_smp_mflags}

into

%{__make}

This helped in the past when I created an rpm file and when I got the
same error message. Hope that solves your issue.

Best
Uwe