gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] gnome-commander 1.6.3 - I built it and it runs!

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] gnome-commander 1.6.3 - I built it and it runs!
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 21:15:25 +0100

Hi Ken,

Am Tue, 7 Mar 2017 13:44:34 -0500 schrieb Ken Taylor:

> [...]
>
> I have managed to successfully build 1.6.3 from the source
> code, install it on CentOS 7.3 and it runs!!! I realize that an RPM
> package exists in the nux-dextop repo (1.6.2) for CentOS 7 but I
> thought I might pass along my experience in case anyone is
> interested.  Next I need to try and build and RPM.  I did that once
> many years ago, I have no idea how :-) I offer the following for what
> it might or might not be worth.

Thanks a lot. This is a very nice summary of what one has to do to get
gcmd running on CentOS when building gcmd from the sources.

I think your contribution would fit nicely on the Gnome Commander
homepage. As I implemented jekyll some time ago on the homepage(*), I
think this would be an easy task for me copying your summary there.

Are you allowing me to do that?

Best wishes
Uwe

(*) https://gcmd.github.io/2016/04/07/Homepage-is-using-jekyll-now.html