gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] gcmd 1.4.7 in Debian testing

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] gcmd 1.4.7 in Debian testing
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 22:34:34 +0200

Hi Michael,

just a quick response...

I have had a look at
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=taglib to search for
taglib in Debian, and all I could find out by now was that there is
quite a number of different packages related to taglib. libtag1v5 is a
meta-package, and the documentation says that packages should rather
depend on meta-packages and not on the library packages itself.
(see here https://packages.debian.org/stretch/libtag1v5)

I think this is more or less a debian related issue. Maybe you should
ask the people there for help if nobody has a clue here. I don't have
it, sorry, as I come from gentoo. ;-)

Best wishes
Uwe