gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] User's default application settings ignored

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] User's default application settings ignored
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 14:44:13 +0100

> GNOME Commander doesn't seem to follow the user default application
> settings (one you can create by context menu -> Open With, or manually
> in ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list), when I run/open file
> (with Enter key or doubleclick).
>
> Other gnome apps respects this settings (eg. doubleclick in Nautilus,
> gnome-open, etc.).

Confirmed. gcmd still uses GnomeVFS for file operations and one of the
consequences is the lack of the mime support... I do plan to switch to
GVFS/GIO, but this is the very big task and it won't happen in the
nearest, 1.4 release...

As a workaround - you can use
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-commander/plain/tools/mimeedit/mimeedit.sh?h=gcmd-1-3
 script for editing  preferred applications (requires zenity).

Piotr