gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] local mimetypes gone

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] local mimetypes gone
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 01:11:44 +0200

That script had it's own problems, and should be updated since long. Mainly
because the gnome implementation of freedesktop mimetypes was changed since
than a little bit (hence and forth).

However, this is still not the point; rather, the script edits the mimetype
files (.desktop) and i'm doing that anyway. I'm doing it frequently just with a
text editor.

The problem however is that gcmd seems to ignore those files somehow
completely, suddenly. At least that's my arbitrary explanation ATM - i'm sorry
but tracking will need some more time, as usual i'm a little bit loaded...

The key to this might be that nautilus and konqueror still respect the .desktop
files in users .local folder, only gcmd changed behavior. Maybe this was caused
by some backend which might have changed with the latest updates.