gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Under the skin...

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Under the skin...
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:21:18 +0100

Hi folks,

Just dropping a few words on current works. Despite the silence here,
gcmd has just gone some deep surgeries, to name a few:

     1. deGTK+ization of GnomeCmdPath* classes (structures used very
        intensively for displaying and manipulating dir paths). I've
        converted it into pure C++ class with much smaller footprint, it
        should result in better (faster) dir navigation
     2. I've reworked internal representation of selected files in file
        list, previously based on GList now it uses binary searching -
        the change is noticeable especially for large file collections
        (try to select/deselect 10k files ;o) Time complexity has
        changed from O(n2) to O(n log n)   :o))))))
     3. massive code cleanups removing obsoleted remnants of GTK1 parts

There will be yet another fix release for 1.2.8. branch, but we are
definitely coming closer to 1.4

Stay tuned,

Piotr