gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Tabs above the search path line?

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Tabs above the search path line?
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 02:50:52 +0100

worx

As mouse centric, i thought about the tab workflow, and one thing i still
really miss is the middleclick -> open new tab feature. I dedicated middleclick
to 'cd ..' because i need that more often too, with long folder lists i don't
want to scoll to the top entry. But, intuitively, i try to open new tab with
middleclick on a new folder, more often.

the solution is easy, there should be just another 'click' for .. and when i
look at my mouse, there are the 'forward / backward' buttons. They trigger page
forward / back in firefox, which is also possible with arrow left / right, just
as in gnome-commander too, where the <arrow left> function finally does nothing
else than 'cd ..'.  So, the same keys in gnome-commander, easy to memorize.

Again, as mouse centric, to be perfectly happy, it should be possible to assign
this functions to the additional mouse buttons (which are quite common today,
so i believe there must be a keycode standard.)

However, i could not find this function in the key shortcuts and gcmd (gtk?)
also doesn't seem to accept the extra button input. (I repeat, it works in
firefox, so basically it's there.)