gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] root mode terminal

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] root mode terminal
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 16:45:53 +0100

Piotr,

/desktop/gnome/applications/terminal/exec = roxtem
/desktop/gnome/applications/terminal/exec_arg = -e

Without -e, gcmd root terminal works as expected.

'roxterm -e' belongs to one of 3 defaults in the pull down menu in my users
gnome-control-center (custom -> fav applications section). I can't remember if
i added this manually some years ago though. Anyway, both other entries - the
debian default terminal (x-terminal-emulator) and the xterm entry - include a
'-e' too, and the menu entry 'roxterm -e' itself is not configurable as user
(but i can set up a custom command with 'roxterm' alone).

[It is possible to change the system defaults of course, but certainly that's
something for package managers to do, not for end users, and before any request
we'd need to understand why the -e is there in the first place.]