gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] root mode terminal

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] root mode terminal
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 21:23:23 +0100

> > The latest commit should preserve child's (terminal's) stderr - please
> > run gcmd from console and post caught error log.
>

> "/usr/bin/gksu: invalid option -- 'e'"
>
> btw. my terminal is /usr/bin/roxterm. Just like xterm, it has "-e = execute
> command inside terminal" and it must be the last option.

What's the command to start roxterm as root from console:

        gksu roxterm -e

right ?

gcmd uses gnome_prepend_terminal_to_vector()
(http://git.gnome.org/browse/libgnome/tree/libgnome/gnome-exec.c#n368)
for obtaining the default terminal. The function gets it from gconf
settings:

        /desktop/gnome/applications/terminal/exec

for terminal and:

        /desktop/gnome/applications/terminal/exec_arg

for terminal arguments.

What are your settings for these keys?