gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] GNOME Commander 1.2.8 released

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] GNOME Commander 1.2.8 released
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 03:21:24 +0200

Piotr:

> from GNOME Documentation Library:

I'm glad that i asked :) thanks for the info.

It's nice to see ¹îǹđñś¹èḑşŧ working in gcmd !

I never explored these features  - i simply avoid UTF8 filenames, since the day
i started using a fat32 formatted external harddrive for data backup, that i
could plug into a windows. Which never was necessary, anyway.

(It still happens i'm running into trouble with UTF8 on memory sticks or with
text console apps, or Samba or NFS. So the solution was, never to use special
chars in filenames.)

> never tried, but there shouldn't be any obstacles for running gcmd with
> kde... ;o)

> previously popup menu was shown always @at the beginning of selected row
> (xpos=0), now gcmd uses x coordinate of the cursor

oh. Actually, i liked the xpos 0 more...(now shoot me)

> Right, but frankly speaking I do not have enough resources for the
> intviewer development, maybe in some not very distant future..

no prob