gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] GNOME Commander 1.2.8 released

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] GNOME Commander 1.2.8 released
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:28:17 +0200

> >  * Fixed problem #548961 (support for input method when rename or
> > quicksearch)
>
> i'm not sure what it means. keyboard layout switches ? languages switches ?
> there's no rightclick menu ASAICS

from GNOME Documentation Library:

        An input method is used by GTK+ text input widgets like GtkEntry
        to map from key events to Unicode character strings.

        The user may change the current input method via a context menu,
        unless the "gtk-show-input-method-menu" GtkSettings property is
        set to FALSE. The default input method can be set
        programmatically via the "gtk-im-module" GtkSettings property.
        Alternatively, you may set the GTK_IM_MODULE environment
        variable as documented in gtk-running.

        The GtkEntry "im-module" and GtkTextView "im-module" properties
        may also be used to set input methods for specific widget
        instances. For instance, a certain entry widget might be
        expected to contain certain characters which would be easier to
        input with a certain input method.

        An input method may consume multiple key events in sequence and
        finally output the composed result. This is called preediting,
        and an input method may provide feedback about this process by
        displaying the intermediate composition states as preedit text.
        For instance, the default GTK+ input method implements the input
        of arbitrary Unicode code points by holding down the Control and
        Shift keys and then typing "U" followed by the hexadecimal
        digits of the code point. When releasing the Control and Shift
        keys, preediting ends and the character is inserted as text.
        Ctrl+Shift+u20AC for example results in the € sign.

> >  * Fixed problem #579633 (accessing administrator privileges with
> > gksudo)
>
> btw how would gcmd work under kde ?

never tried, but there shouldn't be any obstacles for running gcmd with
kde... ;o)

> >  * Fixed problem #584727 (wrong positioning of file popup menu)
>
> what was that ? never noticed

previously popup menu was shown always @at the beginning of selected row
(xpos=0), now gcmd uses x coordinate of the cursor

> and a good starting point.
> well, if you've ever feeling bored...:
> resizing the image window (widget) would be desirable, too. Mostly, to see
> image as small as possible, together with a meta tag list as long as possible
>
> (just in preparation of the day when we can 'move' to next image via
> shortcut, and then, could compare different foto settings immediately at a
> look)
>
> (of course, one day to have 'check displayed tags' like in gqview...but ok,
> no worry)
>
> there's 2 widget resize grips, one in the scrollbar and the other in the
> image widget edge (bottom right) but both are not enabled.

Right, but frankly speaking I do not have enough resources for the
intviewer development, maybe in some not very distant future...