gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Advrename on steroids

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Advrename on steroids
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 20:18:59 +0100

Piotr:
> > But only digits field means there can be only one kind of counter
> > at a time,
>
> Do we really need to have support for multiple counters in one file
> name? I've never used counters this way before.

Uhm, i have to admit, me neither.

> Besides, currently there is support for setting individual counter widths
> only,
> like: '$n $c(3) $c(2).$e' and no for start and step

ok, your point.

> > and it also will not be saved to the history.
>
> But it is stored in profiles and as current settings...

oh that's good. Still, i just feel like having 'more control' with c(n)
substitution, just to have it all in one place, visually. No magic behind the
curtains ;)
But maybe that's just freakish. I think for most users a digit form is more
intuitive and familiar.