gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] 1.2.5 release - the countdown...

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] 1.2.5 release - the countdown...
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:17:20 +0100

> When i have the hold option, it do not close like it should
> when i click on X. But a command entered with shift-enter
> executes and leaves the window open.

> Without the option, i can close the window normally. But if
> i enter a command it closes the window after execution.

> I think it is better to have the gcmd-block
> "The program has now finished, press Enter to close this window"

> Normally i do not execute other commands than "bash" with
> SHIFT+ENTER, to open a terminal in pwd and do things.. But when
> i do execute programs, i like to have window open after execution
> is done, just to see messages and such.

I can't simply revert rev. #1570, as it will leave problem #448942 open
again... I've resurrected gcmd-block thingy (rev. #1596-98) that can be
enabled by setting "/programs/use_gcmd_block" key to TRUE in
~/.gnome2/gnome-commander cfg file.
Default (for new gcmd users) is not to use gcmd-block and to use 'xterm
-hold -e %s' for SHIFT+ENTER.

Can you confirm that SHIFT+ENTER works for you now?

> I never use the terminal icon in the toolbar since it doesent
> obey my fonts and colors and give me a white xterm with tiny
> fonts.

Please refer to
https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/Support/KB/Docs/UsingTheXdefaultsFil
for info on adjusting default font/colors of xterm (.Xdefaults file)

Piotr