gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Mime editor

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Mime editor
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 22:56:07 +0100

Magnus:
> Magnus Stålnacke wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I have been coding some more on my mime-editor:
> > http://web.telia.com/~u97007522/linux/code/mimeedit
> >
> > ... We all know that "Edit Mime Types.."
> > under the main Settings menu.
>
> The script is now updated to handle that too

I placed the script into my path, and I also configured gcmd (by full path) to
use it as 'mime editor' program (with %s it that ok?).

I also placed the symlink "gnome-file-types-properties" into my users path. (is
it really file-types-, not file-type- ?)

However mimeedit doesn't launch, neither via file properties -> 'Change'
button, nor via Settings -> Edit mimetypes.

It works however via rightclick menu.

Is there any way to enlarge the initial window ? I can see only the top entry
of the list.

I tried to switch 'eog' to 'gqview.desktop' for jpg files however it didn't
work.
I tried 2 times in order. I also tried gqview-usercreated, and gliv, but nope.
I cannot track this now i'm totally finished right now. Just a question does
your script operate in /tmp ? Because i configured /tmp now as ramdisk (tmpfs)
experimentally, and  also moved some logs like Xsession log to /tmp. But
xsession stdout doesn't work properly this way  - anything else seems to work
fine, with a general speed up, but i think i should mention it.