gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Gnome vs KDE (Was: Should gcmd be more independent ?)

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Gnome vs KDE (Was: Should gcmd be more independent ?)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 06:04:45 +0100

To pick up next years emotional gcmd debate at the end, have a look at

http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/random/GnomeWorldWideHuge.jpg

versus

http://worldwide.kde.org/pics/fullmap.jpeg

You'll note the 2 main difference are

(1) Gnome has more developers in South America, and Eastern Europe, and
generally appears to be slightly more globally spread.

(2) KDE does not have MLDs (tm) living on the Bermuda Islands, or the
Seychelles (east of Africa.)

I think that's rather a point for Gnome.

 m°

ps. MDL = Most Lonely Developer

pps. I think it can that one (attached life shot) according to
<http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWorldWide>