gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] doesn't make with gcc 4.2 [corrected]

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] doesn't make with gcc 4.2 [corrected]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:43:01 +0200

(My subject wasn't that clever before - i changed it)

> Well, i'll find a way to downgrade somehow.

Exporting CCC=g++-4.1 works now.
I'm not sure yet but maybe it didn't work when i exported on shell, but then
executed my little script  that does all the necessary stuff around - like make
uninstall,  make, make install.
Additionally there is the special condition that i put 'make' into /etc/sudoers
to simplify systemwide user compilation. I seem to remember sudo doesn't parse
the complete environment to the called process, just only a basic subset.
Needs more testing ;)