gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] file properties: symlink target

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] file properties: symlink target
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 01:06:53 +0200

Piotr Eljasiak <address@hidden>:

> The main problem with computing the relative path is that there may be
> more than one solution. How to resolve disambiguities

Can you give me an example for ambiguity ?

> How it is done in the other file managers?

nautilus: always absolute, property dialog
krusader: relative, in property dialog
mc: relative, in bottom status bar.
In mc one can also lookup a link by ctrl+x ctrl+s 'edit symlink' which is a
nice feature.
Maybe we can hack that as plugin for gcmd then it would be ok to have always
absolute path in the property dialog.

 m°