gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] SMB up now

From: Micha
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] SMB up now
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 04:22:39 +0100

works, basically. Some eyecandy's missing...

OK here's the Really Good News (tm):

(1) gcmd compiled through ;)
(2) it opens a connect path smb:\\
(3) I can 'cd woody' in the commandline to see the available shares on server
woody
(4) i can cd into them, and do business as usual.

But,

(1) Me see NO workgroup in any samba
     Normally there should be something visible when you browse the network.

(2) On level smb://woody, with a share 'beamer', i can't do 'cd beamer',
instead i have
      to do 'cd woody/beamer' which is unintuitive (if not plain bug)

-d=gimnsyx, shortened:
You can see what*s happening only by gcmd reporting FAM feedback
(or so). Any better debug options ?

My workgroup is lan1, xxx my actions, # comment

[MM] Opening connection
[MM] CON_OPEN_OK detected
[MM] Emitting open_done signal
[MM] on_con_open_done
[NN] Failed to add monitor to 0x826bf80 smb:///: Unsupported operation

xxx clicking on the // in path bar: nothing...
(gnome-commander:2293): Gtk-WARNING **: Ignoring the separator setting

xxx cd lan1  # nothing.
[NN] Failed to add monitor to 0x82dc020 smb://lan1: Unsupported operation

xxx cd woody # works.
[NN] Failed to add monitor to 0x82dc0e0 smb://woody: Unsupported operation
(gnome-commander:2293): Gtk-WARNING **: Ignoring the separator setting

xxx cd beamer # not works, though it's shown in filelist
[NN] Failed to add monitor to 0x82dc1a0 smb://beamer: Unsupported operation
(gnome-commander:2293): Gtk-WARNING **: Ignoring the separator setting

xxx cd woody/beamer # works. weird though since we're already in 'woody'
xxx gcmd resolving filelist pixmaps...
[YY] Looking up pixmap for: application/pdf

Yet Another Good Thing (YAGT, tm!):

I added entry to /etc/fstab

# SAMBA
#
//woody/beamer  /srv/samba/beamer       smbfs
user,workgroup=lan1,username=samba,password=samba,uid=1000,gid=50

then i added a device icon with empty device path, just the mountpoint
/srv/samba/beamer, with option 'skip automount' cecked. Works.

Apparently you can't insert the mountpoint since 'free' mounting like
'mount  /dev/bla  /some/mountpoint' is privilege of root (like -t is, too).

gcnd at startup:

[MM] Device for mountpoint(/srv/samba/beamer) already exists. AutoVolume not
added
[MM] uri (smb://lan1;@woody/beamer) is NOT local
[MM] uri (smb://woody/) is NOT local

You need smbfs kernel module on client system of course.