gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] ID3 (MP1/MP2/MP3) metatags

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] ID3 (MP1/MP2/MP3) metatags
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 22:06:56 +0100

> I deinstalled g++ a long time ago, iirr, though, why did it work all the time
> ?  [ I have gcc for compiling daily stuff, and that seemed to have been enough
> in the past. Just to clarify, debian calls gcc a C Compiler and g++ a C++
> Compiler, for what it' worth.]
>
> And I seem to remember gcmd is C not C++ ;) but i understand the reasons to go
> with the gnome make.

id3lib used for processing ID3 tag is C++ library... If you want to have
ID3 support you have to have g++ installed. Otherwise you can still use
plain old gcc with

        configure --without-id3lib

BTW I do plan to switch to C++ - it allows faster and cleaner coding and
importing some cool features from other OMF-like projects: Krusader,
atol, ...