gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] symbolic links

From: Micha
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] symbolic links
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 15:19:47 +0100

Fixed, somehow ... that was tricky again.
i found that i've altogether an older version
/usr/bin/gnome-commander and a newer version
in /usr/local/bin, but the older version was preferred
(not by $PATH in this case, but by my wrapper script.)

I asked you that question, if i need to make
uninstall, now i think the answer is: Generally,
not uninstalliung can cause weird problems.

I'm still not sure if that's the complete story.

Anyway. The good news:
Drag&Drop Symlinks work as expected !
Great to have that now, Piotr !
That's really one thing that can be done in a
graphical file manager much faster than on shell.

But again, to be able to configure the default prefix
would be even greater. Or maybe somebody knows
where to hack gnome, for the time being ...?

 m°

*) Only a faint shadow is that symlink context menu
'properties'  doesn't show the target path.