gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Re: Internal Viewer Features

From: Micha
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Re: Internal Viewer Features
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 00:16:19 +0200

| Oh, now I got it!
| you're not using the keyboard at all, right ? you're using the mouse,
| and you need to access the menu for each Find-Next....

I must admit that by origin i was a mouser, but since about 2 years i`m
using keys more and more often. However, and perhaps this is because
i'm sometimes doing graphical work, there are times when i just do
about anything by mouse, i enjoy to lay back in my huge chair and
keep the mouse (it's a remote one) on my knees.
That's when i work up to 2m distance fromt he screen, and the reason
why i have uhe fonts.
Well, remote pointers and keyboards are more common today, i see
them everywhere.
I know it's a completely different situation when i work in Laptop.
But it's also true that {S,W}XGA screens are getting more
common even there, with resolutions of at least 1400x1050.

It's your choice, and of course i will accept it.
You never can do it optimal for everyone out there.

| I admit I hadn't thought of it at all, I almost never use the mouse
| (that's why I like gcmd so much... you can do almost anything with the
| keyboard).

Actually, you're right, this works fine.

| Instead of making the search dialog stay visible, how about I'll make a
| toolbar with Find/Find-Next/Find-Prev buttons ?

Can't harm...it's a clear commitment, too.

 m°