gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Re: Internal Viewer Features

From: A. Gordon
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Re: Internal Viewer Features
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 00:36:37 +0300

A. Gordon wrote:
Micha wrote:
However, i may discover that i need to finetune my search,
or may just like to proceed with another one.

Currently, you press "CTRL+F" to find something, and then you can press F3 to repeat the same search again without the search-dialog even appearing (or SHIFT+F3 to search backgrounds). If you want to refine your search, you press CTRL+F again, and the search dialog appears (and I will soon make it appear with the previous search text already in the entry-box). So what difference does it make if the search dialog disappears or remains visible ? you still press one key to search again...

Oh, now I got it!
you're not using the keyboard at all, right ? you're using the mouse, and you need to access the menu for each Find-Next....

I admit I hadn't thought of it at all, I almost never use the mouse (that's why I like gcmd so much... you can do almost anything with the keyboard).

Instead of making the search dialog stay visible, how about I'll make a toolbar with Find/Find-Next/Find-Prev buttons ?

Gordon