gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Re: GNOME Commander status

From: Micha
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Re: GNOME Commander status
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:15:49 +0100

| > | Since i use supermount i do not have your
| > | problems and can use device icons just like
| > | a bookmark thanks to the "no mount"
| >
| > Then this is a bug, since i checked "no mount" too.
| > Nonetheless gc mounts anything correctly.
| > If a dir is already mounted, then gc doesn't complain.
| > I guess it checks for supermount and if that is not active,
| > ignores the option completely (that is, always mount)
|
| Now i do not understand you.

Take it literally. I set/checked/marked the 'no mount`option, and
nonetheless any unmounted device gets mounted when i hit the
respective device icon. I don't have supermount, no automounter.
If the sole purpose of that checkbox would be to completely disable
mounting, then i could configure bookmark icons like you.
However, it seems to be differently.

Maybe checkbox seems to work only if you actually have supermount ?
So it does some kind of detection / verification first ?
Something here needs a clarification.