gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Re: new version for internal viewer

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Re: new version for internal viewer
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 01:08:11 +0100

A. Gordon wrote:
Hello Guys,

It's been a long time since my last patch... but here's a new version.

New features:
* Text selecting, in text/binary and hex modes. Selection can be copied to clipboard.

Marking text works, but not the usual unix-way of
pasting it with middle click. I am used to 2 ways
of copy-paste, the windows way: mark-rightclick-copy
then paste with rightclick-paste. Or: mark then
middleclick to paste. None of them works, only the
menu or ctrl+c

It does not remember font size in exif, just in the
ordinary text view.

How do i change background color?

(Magnus - Tabbed view of exif/iptc will be in the next devel version).

Great work.

Image Loading Issues:
I've tried to make the image loader fast again. For the thing to work, I had to make a background loading thread - so please test this with large images and tell me if it is fast, and more importantly, stable.

Yes speed is back. But zooming is broken.

Zoom in went directly to 125% at first try on a big
image (+30Mpix). Zoom out seemes to only work 3 times.
When i played with the zooming, everything froze..
i had to kill it.

This zooming is not the most important, speed is, and of
course the ability to view the info in the file (exif and
so on), it is a viewer. In my opinion you can leave the
zooming to future devel versions. Maybe just have the
"Normal size" and "Best fit" in the stable version.

Sending CC to the list again.. hope it works.