gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] New homepage

From: Magnus S
Subject: [gcmd-dev] New homepage
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 18:15:17 +0100

You suprise me.
All of you liked blue1, i gave up on that one, wasn't even
going to "publish" it but i did, thougt that no one would
like it :-O

I like Gc3, Gc4 and Gccorner, and as i see it, with my
"vote" counted Gc3 and Blue1 are the most liked ones.

Gc 1-4 and Blue1 are very much alike to the html part,
i think that wee could both eat the cookie and still have it
around, with an alternative stylesheet, i'll work on that. The question then is witch style to have as default, but that
could bee decided when the time comes to officially
publish it. This is the beauty of stylesheets, you can change
not only colours but the hwole design if the html part is
made right (no tables = no "hardcoded" design).

I'll put the files in a new sub folder in the html cvs tree
when i have something more ready (tested with more browsers)
and work out the small details from there untill it's ready
to replace the current one.

Piotr wrote:

1. Too much contrast between yellowish savannah logo and the rest of the page. I'm not sure but there should be blue variant of the logo somewhere on savannah pages ...
Right, i found a transparent one, could work on any of the pages.

2. The less graphics the better :o)
3. There are some screenshot misalignments for users browsing with IE 5.5
Oh, i havent even tested with IE (drafts).
Of course, i will make the future GC homepage work just fine
with modern IE browsers too. I suppose that it just are the content
div that is too narrow.
Was it in 8x600 resolution the problem occoured?

4. IMHO it would be better to show 2-3 last news instead of the latest one

OK

Marcus.
Do you have any original (not jpeg compessed) of the gcmd-fish?
You are welcome to mail it to me then. If i use the transparent
Savannah logo it would look nicer if the fish also is transparent.

Magnus S.