gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] ASDF 2.32 released

From: Faré
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] ASDF 2.32 released
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:26:20 -0500

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Jerry James <address@hidden> wrote:
> I maintain the GCL package for Fedora.  I gave up on 2.6.7 over 4
> years ago; it just won't build on modern Linux systems.  But I've been
> building the 2.6.8pre branch successfully all that time.  It's true
> that I'm also carrying no less than 17 patches against 2.6.8pre, but
> if you would like a recipe that builds a working GCL, let me know.

Yes, an executable recipe to compile GCL would be nice.

And BTW, migrating GCL to git would be great, too, and make dealing
with branches MUCH easier for everyone.

Is the "official" GCL development going in 2.6.8 or 2.7.0?
And if 2.6.8 much better than 2.6.7 at ANSI compliance?
Because 2.6.7 really sucks.

Love thy neighbor as thyself, but choose your neighborhood.
                — Louise Beal