gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] How to submit GCL patches

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] How to submit GCL patches
Date: 27 Jan 2009 15:13:02 -0600

Jerry James <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| Those who have responded to previous messages of mine are David
| Billinghurst and Gabriel Dos Reis.  Thank you, David and Gabriel.  It
| appears that you are the only GCL developers still reading this list.

I still hope that Camm will eventually (soon) look into this, even
though I did not receive replies to my emails.

| > 2. Who has editing rights on the project web pages?
|
| I don't know.

Camm.

| > 3. Who has commit rights to the code repository?
|
| The developers, would be my guess.

all those officially listed as developers.

| > 4. Who is in charge of release management?
|
| Since the last release was in 2005, my guess is nobody.

Camm.

| > 5. What are the release criteria for 2.6.8 and 2.7.0, respectively?
|
| I haven't yet found any information on this.

I do not know.

| > 6. What processes are used to manage incoming patches?
|
| There doesn't seem to be one (anymore).

Camm used to be very responsive, so I assume that he has been very
busy in recent months.

| > 7. What are the policies and procedures around recruiting new developers?
|
| I don't know.  Along those lines, let me introduce myself and explain
| my interest in GCL.

I don't know of any, but I assume ti is like for most open source
software :-)

I hope that eventually all of this will be sorted out.

-- Gaby