gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Building gcl from cvs?

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Building gcl from cvs?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 21:08:37 -0500

I always seem to have a hard time building gcl on any platform but previously I was always able to eventually muddle through and get a build done.

But now I can't. In all cases, I just did a simple "configure --enable-ansi" just to make it build with its defaults.

On linux, configure finishes and when I try to make, it says it can't find the dependency on /usr/lib/libbfd.a. (This is Suse 10.3, x86_64.)

On Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) on x86, it fails when configuring gmp.

On Solaris 8 (sparc), it configures gmp ok, but then dies trying to c stack limit. In this case, I think generates the wrong C test code because it initializes an int with a string or something.

I can provide more details, if needed. I would just like some hints on how to do this.

I also tried gcl 2.6.8. This also fails in more or less the same ways, but I think 2.6.8 gets a bit farther on sparc. (I did get some version of 2.6.8_pre to build on solaris long ago.)

Thanks for any hints,

Ray