gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Favourite IDE for GCL?

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Favourite IDE for GCL?
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:02:41 -0500

Greetings!

Following a tip from the folks at ut, I've gotten good results with
simple emacs running gcl in an inferior shell, and using the tags
facilities extensively.  C-M-a, C-M-u, C-M-f, M-. tag-name, M-x
tags-search <RET> tag-name followed by M-, etc.  That said, I'd like
to get slime working (never used it yet).  Perhaps someone might
summarize/refresh the list of obstacles remaining?  A lot of ansi
work has been done since the last assessment.

Take care,

Hi Camm:

It's good to have you back. Hope your month was both productive and peaceful.

I gather Slime does not work with GCL. Is there a favourite IDE among GCL
lispers for interfacing with Emacs Inferior Lisp mode?

Adrienne