gcl-devel

Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] Problems with gcl 2.6.8 and agraph

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] Problems with gcl 2.6.8 and agraphics in Axiom
Date: 27 Oct 2006 09:32:27 -0400

Greetings!

root <address@hidden> writes:

> > Separately, The hypertex ptyopen area on Debian is solved by
> >
> > mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts
>
> This is FAQ 17.
>

> > as on one of the wiki pages, and, if necessary,
> >
> > mount -o bind /dev/pts /unstable_chroot/dev/pts
>
> unstable_chroot?

On Debian systems, it is common to run the stable distribution, and
then reserve a specific area of disk for the unstable distribution,
which one can use as if it were the entire installed OS via 'dchroot
unstable'.  To make this work, certain directories have to be
accessible to both systems, and bind mounting is the usual solution.
I think the original poster complained of problems in a chroot.
Without the second, the first mount will not solve the problem in a
chroot environment.

Take care,