gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] describe & newline problems, was: proposed

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] describe & newline problems, was: proposed release schedule for maxima 5.9.3
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:50:29 +0300

Camm Maguire writes:
Greetings!

OK, something like this is now in CVS head and Version_2_6_8pre.
Please test, esp. on windows, and let me know if I can close the bug
on the website.

Hi!

Compile temp files problem seems to be OK.  Thanks!

But unfortunately I observe some other problem with
gcl 2.6.8pre on Windows.  Something is wrong with
sockets.  maxima<->xmaxima communication
is broken.  Not entirely -- xmaxima can still start maxima.
I even can execute some commands like
? log
or
:lisp (setq foo 'bar)
but regular maxima commands or double clicking
on expression in lower windows for evaluation cause error

can not find channel named "sock180"

Number XXX in sockXXX may vary.

Looks like gcl 2.6.8pre problem since the same Maxima
code build with gcl 2.6.7 works perfectly well.
Both gcl versions was build with in the same
msys/mingw environment.

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov

      <address@hidden>