gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Metadata for the uploaded Windowss

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Metadata for the uploaded Windowssource/bi nary package.
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:41:58 +1000

Hi Bill.

Sorry to be out of touch when you are so obviously ready to get to work but
I've been flat out over the past week on other stuff.

I had hoped last week to reproduce your source tree, but I've yet to succeed
in getting a clean ssh arch download of the Windows source; I get hung
processes during patch application and network timeouts, but that is a
separate story which I hope to look at more closely this week.

| I am still have trouble with the Windows build. I installed
| the gmp library as you described below and that part of the
| configuration now seems to work. But I still have many
| undefined symbols. (See tail of log below.)

I believe you have forgotten to attach that tail.  If possible, just attach
all relevant logs and send them directly to me if the list can't deal with
that sort of thing.

| > If completely stuck, you may need to play around with the
| > configure argument "--enable-dynsysgmp".
| >

| I am running that test now.

The other alternative is just to let GCL build GMP from the sources in the
build tree, but I believe from your description that you were effectively
doing that in the first instance.  Hopefully the logs will help.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.