gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Metadata for the uploaded Windows sour

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Metadata for the uploaded Windows source/binary package.
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 22:57:17 +1000

Hi Bill.

| I have been trying to build the Windows version from the
| source that you provided, but I am stuck and a little
| confused about what to do with gmp libraries. My build log
| stops at the point of link raw_gcl with a list of missing
| gmp symbols. When I compare it to your build log I can
| see that you have a -lgmp where I do not. Is this something
| put there by ./configure because it found something on your
| system that is not on mine? Am I missing some ./configure
| option in the lsp/Makefile.pamphlet file?
|
| Below you refer to using a static gmp library. How precisely
| would a do that? (Sorry to be so dense about this :) Any
| clues or references would help.

Not dense at all.  I'm assuming here that the source tree you have contains
everything I used including the CVS HEAD GCL - I haven't had time to check
yet.

The -lgmp is being pout there by configure automatically.

If you look in that gmp tar ball I uploaded you'll find a "libgmp.a" which
you should put in the MinGW32 gcc lib directory, and "gmp.h" which goes in
the include directory.

The configure script should pick those up.

If you're using GCL 2.6.5 I don't remember if it autodetects the gmp library
or not.

If completely stuck, you may need to play around with the configure argument
"--enable-dynsysgmp".

Cheers

Mike Thomas.