gcl-devel

Re: FW: [Gcl-devel] gcl help

From: Eric Parker
Subject: Re: FW: [Gcl-devel] gcl help
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:32:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:

> Greetings, and thanks!
>
> "Mike Thomas" <address@hidden>
> writes:
>
> > Camm,
> >
> > Have you any ideas.  It looks like Eric is having
> BFD configuration problems
> > causing undefined CONST in "o/fat_string.h".
> >
> > Eric, what arguments did you pass to configure
> before typing make?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Mike Thomas.

Really? These are from gcl-2.6.0cvs-1. This is not
recent?

> configure has some code to detect a bad CONST define
> in bfd AFAICR.
> But if you have any difficulty with this alone, you
> can easily do
> ./configure --disable-statsysbfd --enable-locbfd.

Yup. That's got it, Camm. Thanks.

However, as Mike anticipated, installing a newer
version of GCL didnt really solve my problem,
unfortunately.

I have spent the past 6 years developing an AI
algorithm using Lisp. Now I want to use my Lisp
reasoning engine in an application. But most of the
applications I'm looking at are written in C. So how
do I get a standalone binary of my Lisp program that
can be linked into a C program?

(si::save-system...) wont work for me because when you
run the executable it invokes the Lisp interpreter.
That is not what I want.

It just seems to me that at this late day and age
there ought to be an easy way to develop
mixed-language programs, e.g. C + Lisp. Apparently I
am expecting too much, because I've been researching
the topic for some time now and I'm not getting
anywhere with it.

Of course, maybe I'm dumb ;)

Can anyone help me?

Eric