gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] eval-when 'defaults'

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] eval-when 'defaults'
Date: 07 Jul 2004 22:51:50 -0400

Greetings, and thanks!

Then it would appear the following lisp code is broken, and that a
conforming compiler is not obliged to compile set-up-cursor to code
that reflects the macro expansion of f-.  Right?

(defvar *acursor*  nil)
(import 'sloop:sloop)

(defmacro def-op (name type op &optional return-type)
            `(setf (macro-function ',name) (make-operation ',type ',op
                                                           ',return-type)))
;;make very sure .type .op and .return are not special!!
(defun make-operation (.type .op .return)
  (or .return (setf .return .type))
  #'(lambda (bod env) env
      (sloop for v in (cdr bod)
             when (eq t .type) collect v into body
             else
             collect `(the , .type ,v) into body
             finally (setq body `(, .op ,@ body))
             (return
             (if (eq t .return) body
               `(the , .return ,body))))))

(def-op f+ fixnum +)
(def-op f- fixnum -)

(defun set-up-cursor (ar)
  (or *acursor* (setf *acursor* (make-array 11 :element-type 'fixnum
                                            :initial-element 0)))
  (let ((lis (array-dimensions ar))
        (*acursor* *acursor*))
    (declare ((vector fixnum) *acursor*))
    (setf (aref *acursor* 0) (length lis))
    (sloop for v in lis for i from 6 do (setf (aref *acursor* i) (f- v 1)))
    (sloop for i from 1 to (length lis) do (setf (aref *acursor* i) 0))))

Odd thing is that this appears to work as expected in cmucl, but the
spec seems to leave some of the behavior unspecified/implementation
specific.

Take care,