gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] memory damaged in Maxima

From: Michael Koehne
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] memory damaged in Maxima
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 22:57:57 +0200

Moin Mike Thomas,

> I realised why I couldn't break in the C debugger - I had thought that
> "aset-by-cursor" was the one in GCL's "o/array.c", but not so - it is
> defined in "src/clmacs.lsp".

  you might try to edit src/clmacs.lsp to add some #-gcl in front of
  those to force using the GCL aset-by-cursor - i think aset-by-cursor
  is from KCL heritage, and the Lisp implementation of aset-by-cursor
  had been done to Maxima, to port it to other Lisp's. At least this
  function did exist in the first GCL the came under GPL already.

> |   - load the script from the compiled file

  so it does NOT crash when interpreted - only when compiled. You might
  want to circle this down, to a minimal file that has to be compile to
  trigger the bug - run this file through cmpnew - edit the C file, place
  write(2,"step 123\n",9); statements into it, C-Compile and load it.

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.22'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM