gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Axiom on Windows nearly there

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Axiom on Windows nearly there
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:34:53 +1000

Hi Dave.

| Reecently I tried to build axiom using gcl/mingw :-(  It may be
| easier to build gcl
| under cygwin and proceed from there.

Actually, I'm extremely pleased to say that I got around the problem I
reported this morning (Axiom build system was unzipping a GCL source tree
over the new one I had carefully set up), and as I write GCL 2.6.2c2 has
just gotten through LAYER23 in the Makefile and is well into the algebra
docs after finishing the algebra laid out in the ORDER macro.  After that
there is the "algebra/dbcomplete" target and the main build will be
complete.

I had to strip out the socket, Unixisms and Xwindows stuff and hand patched
the spad modifications into GCL and a few other diffs around the place.
Also had to restart make twice already.

In short, GCL can now compile Axiom on Windows with a few rough edges which
I'm sure the developers will handle eventually.

I'll let everyone know where it all ends up.

Cheers

Mike Thomas