gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.1-33 on SuSE9.0/AMD64

From: Yoriaki FUJIMORI
Subject: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.1-33 on SuSE9.0/AMD64
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:55:51 +0900

Dear listers,
I am trying to compile gcl-2.6.1-33 on SuSE9.0/AMD64, but
unfortunately the make process fails.

I tested a few  configuration options.  But, the symtom is the same.
When gcl loads tkl.o (in gcl-tk), the error takes place as follows:

 Error: Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]
 Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
 Error signalled by EVAL.
 Broken at LOAD.  Type :H for Help.

 Error: The function GET-AUTOLOADS is undefined.

The file saved_gcl itself works, somehow.
But, again I cannot compile maxima-5.9.0 on it.

Formerly, I compiled an earlier version of gcl-2.6.1
on SuSE8.2/AMD64, and it is running.  I could compile
maxima-5.9.0 and axiom on it then.

I would like to know if there are some people who are running
gcl/maxima/axiom on AMD64 systems with recent distributions of
Linux, eg Fedora or Mandrake.

Thanks for your attention.
yoriaki fujimori