gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2 - proposed patch for pcl/makefile

From: James Amundson
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2 - proposed patch for pcl/makefile
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 10:48:08 -0600

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 20:19, Mike Thomas wrote:

> While thinking about configure.in in this context, I also wondered whether
> we shouldn't have defsystem as a permanent fixture in GCL and use it in our
> build.  It seems to be a feature of some major Lisp implementations and one
> of the two main frustrations I have had with using GCL on third party code
> has been its absence - the other being the absence of CLOS and ANSI.

The real problem here is that the gcl-specific fixes to defsystem that I
put in to Maxima's defsystem have not been submitted back to the
defsystem maintainers. It's my fault -- I always meant to submit the
changes, but never did. Determining which modifications need to be made
to the *current* defsystem and then submitting them to the defsystem
maintainers should solve the problem once and for all.

--Jim