gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Frame stack overflow - limit parameter to increase somew

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Frame stack overflow - limit parameter to increase somewhere?
Date: 05 Dec 2003 19:07:52 -0500

Greetings!  You should be able to do this interactively at runtime,
e.g. without recompiling, as follows:

 (SETQ SI::*MULTIPLY-STACKS* 4)

This increases all stack sizes by a factor of 4 using 'malloc'.  If
you can pin your failure down to a single command, run a command like
the above and repeat your failing command, then iterate until you
failure goes away.

I believe the multiply-stacks can only be set like this at toplevel,
so that attempting to have it run automatically on stack exhaustion in
the middle of running code is not an option, though I suppose we could
look into this to make sure.

Please keep us posted.

Take care,