gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Extending max cons and max stack space

From: Stavros Macrakis
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Extending max cons and max stack space
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:17:37 -0400

Some Maxima users are running into cons and stack space limits in the
precompiled Maxima/GCL.

Couldn't we just compile GCL with very large cons and stack spaces by
default?  Does this cause any problems?  I presume that even if the cons
space is set large, it only allocates pages as necessary, and runs
garbage collection at reasonable intervals (not just when it hits max
cons space).

    -s