gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] (no subject)

From: Aurelien Chanudet
Subject: [Gcl-devel] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:18:42 +0200

Hi all,

Yes, I've got a working build using the Mac OS X counterpart of dlopen and
I can provide a native Mac OS X binary (for instance, the final output named
`saved_gcl'), albeit a partially featured one (native relocation doesn't work
yet). I can also provide hints for anyone interested in compiling GCL for
Mac OS X.

For now, the executable that (si::save-system) produces occupies more disk
space than required, due to some limitations of the Mac OS X implementation
of unexec, and I'm currently attempting to cut its size down.

I haven't investigated native relocation yet, but I guess it shouldn't be too
difficult to get it to work, using Mac OS X dynamic loader APIs. I was asking
for further insight on relocation in a previous post (dated July 20) but I've
received no answer. I will have a clearer picture of what is needed, once I've
looked at how this is done for elf. For my information, is native relocation
supported for NeXT (see NeXTunixfasl.c) ?

Cheers,
Aurelien